Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rubber Gloves, Or How I Found My Inner Prissy Bitch

I have always hated how disgusting sponges make my hands feel. In fact, after a while my hands start to imitate the sponge, in all of its smelly, waterlogged glory.

But just recently, I learned the secret to functional dishwashing without subjecting my hands to the torture of gag-inducing sponge slime (yes, I hate it that much.): rubber gloves! Not exactly a new idea, but I've never taken them seriously. Only prissy bitches invest in such things, right?

Correct. For my groundbreaking inspiration came from the queen of prissy-bitches-I-love-to-hate, Betty Draper. While normally I would never model my life on Betts', this time I'm giving her serious props for vanity. I slip on my rubber gloves and washing dishes becomes less of a chore. I slip them off and my hands are soft, dry, and slime free, just the way I like it.










The household tips I'll keep, Betty. The poor parenting and passive aggressive bitchery? That's all you, girl.

3 comments:

Meldon / STD said...

What about using scrubbing pads and brushes and other things which just grow less disgusting crap in the first place or have a handle?

Unknown said...

Sometimes things really need to be wiped. Scrubbing pads aren't a bad option, as far as abrasion goes, but they still start to smell long before they stop being useful. I've used a few different spongy handle deals, and they all seem to leak soap, so while I could manually put soap on them, they piss me off.
But mostly, I like to clean up as I cook, and it's honestly easier to slip the gloves on and get dishes or pots in the dishwasher then resume cooking than it is to be constantly drying/wiping my wet hands. Like I said, totally prissy, but worth it for me :)

Unknown said...

And this is why i love you!
Miss you lots hope everything is well =)))