Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Moving, Oh My!

Don't you hate it when people people apologize about not posting on their blog? Me too. It's pretty pretentious and self important.

And since I am both of these things,
I'MSOSORRYIHAVEN'TBEENBLOGGINGGUYSIKNOWYOUMISSEDMESOMUCHorsomething.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that I've been off my own Project Wagon for 12 weeks! Fortunately for me, I have a shit ton of household-y projects coming up because we are finally moving!
Our new house is a super cute 1930s bungalow in the Sanford Historical District. However, it has some areas that are in need of a little help.

Priority #1: De-Mustarding the Living Room

I'm not sure what the last people were going for, but they ended up with Colonel Mustard with the Grey Poupon in the Living Room.
So obviously we will be painting.
And obviously we've chosen to go with teal.
Trim? Dark teal. Obviously.

Priority #2: Creating a Comfy Paradise Upstairs

The upstairs consists of a big open room with low ceilings, a half-concealed bathroom, and a tiny bedroom. Clearly, this is the most practical place to hide all of my habitually messy activities, like sewing. It's also the perfect place to chill out like a slob where the neighbors can't see.
I'll leave the details for the project post, but in the (text) words of my darling brother: "It will require custom made sheets, wall hooks, something physically interchangeable with a microphone stand, and maybe some string lights."

Priority #3: Making Our Furniture Fit to Sit On

We found a kick-ass source for antique furniture and other odds and ends VERY near our old place, so we'll be resuscitating some new pieces, including a Duncan Phyfe loveseat (could be original!), a very unloved wingback chair and a second non-antique wingback chair that we found free at the dumpster!
Determining a fabric scheme for the upholstery has been a nightmare, but I'll follow up on that sojourn in another post. (#firstworldproblems #hausfraustruggles)

The place is called Groove Shack Antiques, if you're interested.

This is the short list of big projects, but there are many many more small projects, some of which are just being transferred to the new house, including new living room curtains, trash recycling system, new command center, refinishing the coffee table, and of course, all of my clothing projects I'm itching to start.

Stay tuned!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

More pictures please! :-)