Friday, April 12, 2013

Vintage Shopping: Paris Market

I love vintage clothes, but I've been pretty disappointed in my vintage shopping experiences in Florida. Everything is either a horrible fit, way overpriced, or that certain brand of vintage hideousness that no one wants, no matter how cheap it is.

So I was super happy when I discovered Paris Market in the upstairs of Adjectives Vintage Market on 436. They have a a really great selection in great condition. I was looking around for an Easter Dress (which I didn't find), but I got to try on a bevy of awesome dresses.
From the Betty Draper Maternity Line.
This one looked so cute on the hanger. Perfect colors for Easter, but horribly unflattering.
I almost got this one, but I decided I'd rather make one in teal.
I really loved the fit and cut of this one. It reminded me of Peggy's work dresses. I'd like to make several in different colors so I can just throw one on and accessorize. 
I'm super drawn to anything with fringe. This reminds me of Betty's Italy dress.
 Ditto.
 I felt ridiculous putting this on, but YAYFLUFFYPRINCESS.
This one I really love, but I have no immediate use for it. But, when I do need a gown, I'll use this as my jumping off point.

Anyway, even though I didn't purchase anything, it's good to know there's a cool spot in Orlando to slip away and play dress up for an afternoon. I got tons of inspiration to make some new dresses for myself, but if you'd rather buy something than make it, definitely check out Paris Market!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Fluffy Princess and the one you want to make in teal. :-) What a great find that place is! There are some excellent vintage shops in B'ham. We will have to detour one day and check them out!